Hello 6th Grade Families!
Semester 2 Early Release Days (1:45 PM):
1/29, 2/5, 2/12, 2/26, 3/19, 3/26, 4/16, 4/30, 5/7, 5/14, 5/21
5/28-- Last day of school!
As we begin the last week of school, we are asking all scholars to check their home, locker, and backpacks for borrowed Wind in the Willows class books, History textbooks, Biology books, and Math books. We will be checking in books beginning next week and will let you know if your child is missing a book. Thank you for your support.
Scholars of the month
- Please ensure that scholars bring his/her own water bottle to school. We will no longer provide water cups during the day.
- Students who do not complete their homework will have to complete their homework during recess on the day the homework is due.
- Scholars can receive a recess detention as a consequence for continual actions that distract from the learning environment during school. This is an opportunity for scholars to spend time reflecting on how to make good choices that will help them be successful here at Great Hearts. Parents will be notified before the detention is served.
- Please make sure your scholar has his or her own copy of The Wind in the Willows (ISBN- 978-0-14-303909-9) B&M scholars bring their books on Monday April 12. This is very important as we are asking students to annotate in their own texts.
- Please have your scholar bring a locker shelf to help with organization of materials and to make for quicker visits.
- Please place a cover on all textbooks (Math and Biology) ASAP. These are required.
- Uniform infractions will be issued for scholars in violation of the GH uniform policy.
What's coming up?
Scholars have completed the Wind in the Willows and we enjoyed a class discussion on the importance of setting to the conflicts of the story and the character development. It was a pleasure to hear the interactions between scholars on Toad’s character development.
Next week, scholars will read William Shakespeare’s "A Midsummer Nights Dream".
Students learned probability this week. They learned how to find
probability, odds, and combined probabilities.
They have a test on probability next week on Monday. Then, we will
learn how to find the circumference and area of a circle. We will end the year
by playing chess."History
Students learned probability this week. They learned how to find probability, odds, and combined probabilities.
They have a test on probability next week on Monday. Then, we will learn how to find the circumference and area of a circle. We will end the year by playing chess."
This week we start our unit about Reform in America, students learned about the progressive individuals that influenced social, political, and economic reforms.
Next week we finish up the unit with introduction to the Progressive Presidents, Roosevelt, Taft, and Wilson.
This week we concluded our unit on birds. The scholars had an opportunity to dissect an owl pellet to further understand the delicate digestive system of a bird. All students have the opportunity to complete test corrections on their Science test that was returned today. Test corrections and an “extra credit” Nature Journal entry are due on Tuesday, May 25th.